- Step 1: Buy coffee beans Buy coffee beans sealed in a one-way valve package, or freshly roasted at a coffee roaster’s store.
- TIP: Buy enough coffee to last one to two weeks. Freshness deteriorates after the roasting process.
- Step 2: Store in a cool, dark place Pour your supply into a mason jar and store the jar in a cool, dark place.
- TIP: A mason jar is a glass container with a rubber gasket in the lid that keeps its contents airtight.
- Step 3: Store bulk coffee effectively If you purchased a large amount of coffee that you won't use within two weeks, divide into small portions wrapped in airtight freezer bags. Freeze for up to a month.
- FACT: If you store coffee beans in a cabinet on an outside wall, the sun’s heat can spoil their freshness.
You Will Need
- Coffee beans
- A mason jar
- A cool
- dark storage area
- And freezer bags