- Step 1: Put ice in glass Fill the stir glass half-full of ice, and scoop more ice into the serving glass to chill it.
- TIP: Ice made from spring, filtered, or distilled water will give your cocktail the best taste.
- Step 2: Add alcohol and mixer Pour alcohol and mixer over the ice.
- Step 3: Stir drink Stir slowly and deliberately with the bar spoon along the sides of the glass. About 20 swirls will sufficiently mix the drink, melting the ice enough to smooth out the alcohol.
- TIP: If you don’t have a bar spoon, use any long-handled spoon, such as an iced-tea spoon.
- Step 4: Pour Dump the ice from the serving glass and pour the drink through the strainer into the glass.
- Step 5: Garnish Garnish the drink with a swizzle stick or parasol and raise your glass in a toast. Cheers!
- FACT: Cocktails or mixed drinks became popular during Prohibition to mask the taste of bootlegged alcohol.
You Will Need
- A stir glass
- A serving glass
- A bar spoon
- A strainer
- A swizzle stick or parasol
- An iced-tea spoon