- Step 1: Wash and towel-dry your hair. If it's thick, rub some styling gel in at the roots. If it's fine, use a root lifter instead, and just put a little mousse on the ends.
- Step 2: Flip your hair upside down and blow it dry using a large, round brush.
- Step 3: Add volume by putting your hair in small Velcro rollers, wrapping them away from your face on top and underneath on the sides. Aim a hot blow dryer at each roller for about 10 seconds. For thick hair, use large hot rollers.
- TIP: Use Velcro rollers with metal inside; they conduct heat better.
- Step 4: Remove the rollers after 20 to 30 minutes. If you used hot rollers, let your hair cool for 10 minutes before gently fluffing it with your fingers.
- Step 5: For extra volume, tease the hair on the crown of your head in sections at the roots. Spritz a section with hairspray; then backcomb it using a comb with small teeth or a boar-bristle brush. Gently comb the hair from the top of your hair over the teased hair with a wide-toothed comb.
- Step 6: Once you have your hair the way you want it, hold the style with a lot of hair spray.
- FACT: When 1,400 people were asked if they'd rather have more friends, more money, or more hair, 60 percent chose more hair.
You Will Need
- Styling gel or root lifter
- Styling mousse
- A blow dryer
- A large
- round brush
- Small Velcro rollers or large hot rollers
- A comb with small teeth or a boar bristle brush
- Hair spray
- A wide-toothed comb
- Velcro rollers with metal inside