- Step 1: Mash the strawberry with a fork and mix it with the baking soda. The baking soda buffs away stains from coffee, tea, and blueberries that penetrate your enamel over time.
- Step 2: Using a soft toothbrush, apply the mixture to the teeth you want to whiten.
- Step 3: Let the mixture set for five minutes.
- Step 4: Brush your teeth with toothpaste as usual. Floss to get out any seeds from the strawberry.
- TIP: Rinsing with a little hydrogen peroxide mixed with water after brushing kills bacteria and whitens teeth.
- Step 5: Rinse your mouth with mouthwash to wash away residual acid. Your teeth will be gleaming and stain-free.
- FACT: In the Middle Ages barbers also practiced dentistry.
You Will Need
- 1 ripe strawberry
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- A soft toothbrush
- Dental floss
- Hydrogen peroxide