- Step 1: Wear low-rise pants and jeans to create a little curve, and choose ones with big back pockets to add a little booty. Flared or boot cut bottoms will also provide shape to your silhouette.
- Step 2: Choose dresses and jackets that will fake an hourglass figure, like ones with curved seams, nipped-in waists, and belts.
- TIP: Add even more dimension with horizontal stripes.
- Step 3: Wear tops that add bulk via pleats, ruching, and ruffles. Halter tops and cowl necklines distract from a stick straight figure by adding visual interest on top.
- Step 4: Fill out the lower half of your body with A-line and pleated skirts, or wear a pencil skirt to show off your thin hips.
- Step 5: For beachwear, go with boy shorts or a skirted bottom and a lightly padded triangle top with a few ruffles or flounces. If you prefer a one-piece, look for an accent that defines the waist, like a sash, stripe, belt, or side panels in a contrasting color.
- FACT: The average fashion model's measurements are 34-24-34.
You Will Need
- Low-rise pants
- Shapely tops
- Full and pencil skirts
- A bathing suit with boy shorts and a triangle top
- Horizontal stripes