- Step 1: Dress up a little. Put some thought and care into your outfit.
- Step 2: Make a fancy dinner. Lay out a nice tablecloth, your finest dinnerware, and a couple of wine glasses. Pick classy meals that are cheap to make, such as eggplant parmesan. Serve a bottle of wine.
- TIP: Decorate the plates with a garnish, and drizzle any sauce over the dish in patterns to make it look professional.
- Step 3: Attend an independent or experimental theater where the tickets cost less than those of a professional theater company.
- Step 4: Visit a museum or an aquarium. Many museums offer free admission one evening of the week.
- Step 5: Go to a free wine tasting at a local winery. The ambiance of the winery will add to the illusion.
- Step 6: Take your date to a fancy restaurant for lunch. Many restaurants offer cheaper lunch menus with smaller portions. It will look like you can afford to go to an expensive restaurant even when you can't.
- FACT: As of 2006 there were 92 million singles in the United States.
You Will Need
- Nice clothes
- Bottle of wine