- Step 1: Position fingers Form a U shape with your thumb and forefinger or middle finger.
- TIP: Use a mirror to perfect your form and technique.
- Step 2: Place in mouth Place your fingers partly inside your mouth, wrapping your lips tightly across your teeth. Only the outer edges of your lips should be visible.
- TIP: Angle fingertips toward the center of your tongue.
- Step 3: Position tongue Flatten your tongue to cover the bottom portion of your mouth. The tip of your tongue will touch the lower jaw just behind the bottom row of teeth.
- Step 4: Blow Inhale deeply and blow forcefully across the top of your tongue and lower lip. Push your fingers downward and outward, onto your lips and teeth.
- Step 5: Adjust positions Adjust the position of your fingers, tongue, and jaw for optimal whistling. Regulate the force of air for maximum effect and volume.
- Step 6: Practice Practice regularly until your desired whistle is achieved.
- FACT: Louisburg, North Carolina, is the world’s whistling capital.
You Will Need
- Clean fingers
- A mouth
- A mirror