- Step 1: Use a paring knife to split each vanilla bean lengthwise. Start about an inch from one end, leaving that end intact.
- TIP: Use high-quality vanilla beans. Grade B beans are considered ''extract'' grade and provide the most flavor by weight.
- Step 2: Put the beans in the jar, pour the vodka over the beans, and shake vigorously.
- Step 3: Store in a cool, dark place. Shake the jar every week. Let it age for at least four weeks. The longer it ages, the stronger it will be.
- FACT: Did you know? Vanilla beans are seed pods from vanilla orchids.
You Will Need
- 6 vanilla beans
- A paring knife
- 2 c. vodka
- A glass jar with a lid