- Step 1: Pour beer into bowl Pour beer into a bowl large enough to fit your head.
- TIP: Wait until it's flat and warm. Flat beer doesn't smell of alcohol.
- Step 2: Soak Place the bowl in the sink or shower area. Soak your hair in the beer for five minutes, working it through your hair with your hands.
- TIP: Add a few drops of essential oils for extra conditioning and shine, and for great-smelling hair
- Step 3: Rinse, shampoo, condition Rinse off the beer with warm water and condition your hair as usual.
- TIP: To avoid any residual beer smell, rinse with cool chamomile tea.
- Step 4: Spritz and style Use a spray bottle and spritz beer onto damp hair before blow-drying and styling. It will give your 'do hold and shine.
- FACT: George Washington supplied his troops with a quart of beer each day during the Revolutionary War.
You Will Need
- 1 to 2 bottles beer
- A large bowl
- A spray bottle
- Essential oil
- such as rosemary
- or calendula
- Chamomile tea