- Step 1: Set up Place the mancala board lengthwise between two players and put four stones in each of the 12 small cups on the game board.
- TIP: The six smaller cups are playing cups. The larger cup at either end is the mancala.
- Step 2: Pick up stones Pick up the stones in any of your six playing cups.
- Step 3: Position pieces Drop your stones one by one into sequential playing cups, moving counterclockwise around the board. Include your mancala, but not your opponent's mancala.
- Step 4: Alternate moving stones Take turns moving stones around the board. If your last stone falls into your mancala, you get another turn.
- Step 5: Capture stones If your last stone falls in an empty cup on your side, take all the pieces from the player's cup directly opposite.
- TIP: Hoard all the stones you can on your side of the board.
- Step 6: Pass out all of your stones Whoever runs out of stones on their side of the board loses the game. The player with remaining stones puts them in their mancala.
- Step 7: Count the stones The player with the most stones in their mancala wins the game.
- FACT: Did you know? The word mancala means ''to move'' in Arabic.
You Will Need
- A mancala game board
- Two players
- 48 game pieces u2013 or