- Step 1: Call. Pick up the phone and engage the person in conversation – encourage and listen to them.
- Step 2: Send a card. Whether through snail mail or e-mail, the right greeting can put a smile on the saddest face.
- Step 3: Ask the person out. Go for a walk, fly a kite, visit the zoo. A change of scenery makes a huge difference in a person’s outlook.
- Step 4: Jump in and help out. Surprise them by cooking dinner, cleaning the windows, or weeding the garden.
- Step 5: Get out of your comfort zone. Compose a song and serenade them – even if you can’t carry a tune. Put on a clown outfit and deliver some balloons.
- TIP: Be careful if you’re trying to cheer up someone who’s just a friend. You don’t want your actions to be misinterpreted.
- Step 6: Leave a little gift – something that you know will lift their spirits.
- FACT: In a recent study, laughter proved to lower cholesterol and the risk of heart disease.
You Will Need
- Good intentions
- A sweet idea
- A selfless heart