- Step 1: Determine the shape of your face by looking in a mirror. Is your face oval, round, square, heart-shaped, or oblong?
- TIP: If you wear your hair in different styles, consider how each hairstyle affects the appearance of your face shape.
- Step 2: Choose a frame shape that complements, instead of mimics, your face shape. If your face is round, balance it with an angular frame. If it's square, choose a rounded frame. Oval faces look good in almost any frame shape.
- Step 3: Choose a frame size. If you have a small face or delicate features, don't overwhelm them with a large frame. If you have strong features, avoid small-scale frames.
- Step 4: Choose a frame weight. Thicker, plastic frames are appropriate for faces with stronger features, while wire frames may be better for those with delicate features.
- Step 5: Choose a frame color that complements your skin and hair colors. If you have a complexion with golden undertones, consider warm colors. If your complexion has blue or pink undertones, choose cool colors.
- Step 6: Don't forget to have fun with your choice. Sunglasses are a great way to add color or style to your look, even if the rest of your wardrobe is more conservative. Watch out for the paparazzi!
- FACT: Did you know? In the 1970s, the oblong-faced John Lennon popularized wire-rimmed glasses with small, rounded lenses.
You Will Need
- A mirror
- A variety of sunglasses