- Step 1: Wait for a car Wait for a car to pull beside you. This will be the lucky, unsuspecting motorist who will succumb to the fake-wave’s victimization.
- Step 2: Direct your attention to the passenger Direct your attention to the passenger as if you’re going to wave at them. You want to make sure they can see you from the corner of their eye.
- Step 3: Change your focus Right when they notice you, immediately change your focus to something else, such as fixing your window or scratching your window.
- Step 4: Enjoy the awkwardness Enjoy watching them feel awkward and confused.
- TIP: The window scratch: Begin by focusing on someone and doing a one-fingered wave. Right when they notice you, proceed to scratch something off of your window.
- TIP: The visor grab: After finding someone to fake, begin raising your hand as if waving at them, then begin adjusting your visor once they notice you.
- TIP: The shake ‘n fake: Wiggle your fingers at someone to give the impression of waving. Immediately when they notice you, change the wiggle into a full dance. Enjoy using this to make others feel awkward and have fun!
You Will Need
- A car
- A sense of humor