- Step 1: Cut and sew the material Cut two cloth squares and sew them together on three sides. Leave the fourth open for filling.
- Step 2: Mix the pad stuffing Measure enough uncooked rice to fill the pouch halfway and mix with your choice of spices, herbs, and a few drops of essential oil in a covered container. Let it sit for two days.
- Step 3: Fill the heating pad Fill the heating pad with the mixed filling and sew the remaining side.
- TIP: Soothing aromatics include lavender, marjoram, betony, rose petals, cloves and rosemary.
- Step 4: Choose a fabric Choose the fabric to use for the heating pad. A cotton material works best because it’s soft and holds heat.
- TIP: A microwavable heating pad can also be kept in the freezer and used for migraines and sprains.
- Step 5: Heat your heating pad Place the heating pad and a cup of water, to keep the pad moist and less flammable, in the microwave and heat for two to three minutes. Check the heat before applying the heating pad to any part of your body, and then say goodbye to stress!
- FACT: Microwavable heating pads are also known as bed buddies, magic bags, and corn cozies.
You Will Need
- A needle and thread
- Uncooked rice
- Spices and herbs
- Essential oils