- Step 1: Focus on yourself. Nothing is more attractive (and jealousy-inducing) than being busy, happy, and interested in your own life.
- Step 2: In the interest of 'full disclosure,' tell your current love interest—in a slightly wistful way—about the incredibly talented and well-toned professional soccer player you used to date.
- Step 3: Develop some attitude. If you think you’re fabulous, everyone else will too—and your mate will go crazy seeing the response you get.
- TIP: Always have a smile on your face. No one is jealous of a sourpuss.
- Step 4: Act unavailable. Don’t answer every phone call or respond to every text message; don’t accept every invitation; be vague about your whereabouts.
- Step 5: Flirt with someone you know will respond. Everyone likes to think their partner is desirable—even if it makes them feel a little insecure.
- Step 6: Don’t go too far with any of these steps, lest your innocent acts be taken for crass manipulation. Like any strong spice, jealousy should be used sparingly.
- FACT: The French word for jealousy is also a type of shutter—a 'jalousie' —because it allows a person to spy on a lover while remaining hidden!
You Will Need
- An object of your affection
- A healthy ego
- And an air of innocence