- Step 1: Choose your shoe style according to the occasion. Wear high heels with gowns, and to dress up dark jeans. Wear flats with more casual wear or lighter jeans.
- TIP: Flip-flops are for the beach, not for a night on the town.
- Step 2: Consider style. Kitten heels are comfortable and can be dressy, but it’s best to wear them with straight-legged pants or a-line skirts. Stilettos make your legs look long and make you taller, so wear them with long dresses or boot leg pants to make an impact.
- Step 3: Choose your shoe color based on the colors of your outfit. You can choose the dominant or accent colors. You can also opt for a neutral color such as beige, navy, brown, or black. Your shoe color does not have to be an exact match.
- TIP: Add a pop to your neutral or monochrome outfit by selecting a shoe in a bolder color or print.
- Step 4: Don’t get caught up in labels. Dressing in head-to-toe signature prints and logos will make you look like a walking billboard. A designer label item is not a guaranteed match for your outfit.
- FACT: Did you know? When they’re hot, feet can swell up to one full shoe size.
You Will Need