- Step 1: Make a master list of all the tasks that need to be completed before your wedding, such as booking a location, photographer, and band; having invitations printed and mailed; planning a menu; ordering a cake; creating or buying wedding favors; organizing bridal party outfits; making honeymoon reservations, etc.
- Step 2: Organize your tasks into manageable chunks by creating a timetable by which to complete them. Online wedding sites can give you an idea of which tasks need to be completed well in advance of your wedding day and what can be left until the last minute.
- Step 3: Now create a checklist of what needs to be accomplished in each time period.
- TIP: Place a little box alongside each task so you can check them off as they are done.
- Step 4: Stay organized by labeling an accordion file with headings like Reception Menu, Music, Wedding Attire, Honeymoon, and so on. Keep all correspondence and receipts in this folder.
- Step 5: Make sure nothing goes wrong on your big day by creating a wedding day checklist that includes important reminders like Wedding Bands, Marriage License, any permits you might need, and your travel documents if you’re embarking on your honeymoon immediately.
- Step 6: Have a great wedding!
- FACT: Did you know?Eight percent of today’s brides pay for their entire wedding themselves.
You Will Need
- Master list of tasks
- A timetable
- A checklist
- An accordion file
- A wedding day list