- Step 1: Set console near television and power outlet Place the console near the television where a power outlet is easily accessible.
- TIP: To protect your electrical equipment, use a surge protector.
- Step 2: Connect AV cable to back of console Connect the rectangular end of the AV cable to the back of the console in the slot marked AV MULTI OUT.
- TIP: An HDMI cable offers the best picture but is expensive.
- Step 3: Connect other end of AV cable to back of TV Connect the other end of the AV cable to the back of the television by matching the correct color connector to each input: red to red, yellow to yellow, white to white.
- Step 4: Connect power cord to console and then into outlet Connect the power cord to the back of the console to the 3-prong slot marked AC IN and then into the electrical outlet or surge protector.
- Step 5: Turn on the console’s main power switch Flip the main power switch, located just above the power cord on the back of the console, to the "on" position. The red indicator light should come on.
- Step 6: Turn on TV and console Turn on the television and then press the power button on the front of the game console.
- Step 7: Follow on-screen instructions to complete set-up Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the system's set-up. You are now ready to play your friends and family in head-to-head combat. Game on, player. Game on.
- FACT: The first Sony Playstation was released in 1995 with a retail cost of $299. Adjusted for inflation, that would be $417 today.
You Will Need
- A television
- A Playstation 3 including AV and power cables
- A surge protector (optional) (optional) (optional) (optional)
- An HDMI cable (optional) (optional) (optional) (optional)