- Step 1: Listen to soft, healing music, such as classical or new age. The healing effect is powerful.
- Step 2: Take long, reflective hikes or walks. You'll find them soothing and they'll help you think things through.
- Step 3: Write your feelings down every day in a personal journal.
- Step 4: Talk about your hurt and pain with a close friend or relative.
- TIP: Talk about the happiness your relationship brought you and how it enriched your life. Focusing on the positive will expedite the healing process.
- Step 5: Avoid your former love -- seeing them will make you feel worse.
- Step 6: Put away pictures, gifts, and other reminders that might make you sad.
- Step 7: Treat yourself to something nice -- and enjoy it.
- FACT: Washington, D.C., Rhode Island, and Maryland have more single men than single women; in Arkansas and Colorado, the opposite is true.
You Will Need
- Healing music
- Long walks
- A writing journal
- A close friend or relative