- Step 1: Get involved in campus activities Get involved in campus activities that interest you. You'll have fun and meet like-minded people.
- Step 2: Multi-task in class Multi-task in class. If there's someone you're interested in, make sure to look nice, try to sit near them, and come up with an excuse to talk to them.
- TIP: If you're interested in someone who belongs to a fraternity or sorority, make sure to attend all of its open functions.
- Step 3: Throw a 'potluck' party Throw a "potluck" party at your dorm—only guests have to bring a savory friend rather than a dish.
- Step 4: Vary your routine Vary your routine. If you always eat lunch at the same time and always walk the same route to class, you're going to see—yup—the same people every day.
- Step 5: Strike up conversations Strike up conversations. Imagine how many hook-ups never take place simply because both parties were too shy to say something.
- TIP: Don't only chat up people you're attracted to—you know never who might have a cute friend they could introduce you to!
- Step 6: Get real Get real. Trophy wives aside, most people marry someone of about the same attractiveness. So if you're no Angelina Jolie, don't pin all your hopes on Brad Pitt, and vice versa.
- Step 7: Transfer to Seattle If all else fails, transfer to Seattle. One study rated it the number one place to hook up out of 80 cities in the U.S.
- FACT: A study of speed daters showed that women are much choosier than men when it comes to dating.
You Will Need
- A pleasant personality
- A willingness to try new things
- And a little courage