- Step 1: Tip food deliverers Tip a food delivery person 10 percent of the bill, but no less than $1.
- Step 2: Give thanks for flowers Give someone who delivers flowers $2 to $5.
- Step 3: Reward heavy lifting Reward heavy lifting by giving $5 to $10 per person to furniture deliverers.
- TIP: No matter what's being delivered, increase the tip if the item is very heavy, it needs to be brought up a lot of stairs, or the weather is bad.
- Step 4: Tip movers not shakers If your movers managed to get all your furnishings to your new home in one piece, give each person on the crew $20 for a small job and $30 to $50 for a large one.
- Step 5: Use your judgment Tip package-delivery people at your discretion. Some people like to give them a few dollars for outstanding service, especially if the person gets a lot of deliveries.
- Step 6: Stiff the server If you're being handed something unpleasant, like divorce papers or a restraining order, feel free to keep your wallet in your pocket.
- FACT: The diet-meal delivery market topped $1 billion in sales in 2007.
You Will Need
- General tipping guidelines
- Your own judgment