- Step 1: Know the general rules Remember that tipping is voluntary - you are under no obligation to reward bad service. On the other hand, many workers rely on tips to supplement low hourly wages, so don't stiff someone for no reason.
- Step 2: Don’t stiff the stylists! Tip your hairstylist 15 to 20 percent of the bill, unless they own the salon, in which case you’re not obligated to tip. Give the person who washed your hair $2 to $5.
- TIP: If several employees were involved, you can give your stylist one tip and ask them to divide among the staffers who worked on you.
- Step 3: Show your gratitude Tip your manicurist, facialist, bikini-waxer, masseuse, tanning salon attendant, tattoo artist, and anyone else who performs a personal service for you, 15 to 20 percent of the bill.
- FACT: Fifty-one percent of women who use hair conditioner regularly have regular sex, compared to 31 percent of women who never use conditioner.
You Will Need
- General tipping guidelines
- Your own judgment