- Step 1: Obtain wheat seeds Buy wheat seeds from a health food store, a nursery, or online.
- TIP: Make sure the wheat seeds you buy are suitable for consumption.
- Step 2: Soak wheat seeds Place a handful of wheat seeds in a container and cover them with cool water for eight to 12 hours.
- Step 3: Prepare planting pot or tray Mix three parts potting soil with one part peat moss. Gently press the mixture two inches deep into trays or pots and water the top of the mixture.
- Step 4: Sow seeds Spread the wheat seeds evenly over the top of the soil.
- Step 5: Cover seeds with peat moss Spread a layer of peat moss over the seeds.
- Step 6: Water Water the wheatgrass twice daily for the first three days, spraying lightly in the morning and in the evening. After the third day, water as needed.
- Step 7: Harvest Cut the wheatgrass after it reaches seven inches. Leave a half inch of growth.
- TIP: You can get a second growth of wheatgrass from your original planting. After you harvest your first batch, continue watering and wait for new growth.
- Step 8: Consume Enjoy your wheatgrass raw or juiced. Store the cut grass in the refrigerator for up to three days, but drink wheatgrass juice within 30 minutes of juicing. You're on the road to good health!
- FACT: Wheatgrass is said to strengthen the immune system, and it may speed the skin’s healing process.
You Will Need
- Wheat seeds
- A container
- Potting soil
- Peat moss
- A planting pot or tray with drainage
- A spray bottle