- Step 1: Wait for coworker to leave This prank needs about an hour of uninterrupted time to accomplish, so be prepared to stay late one night after your coworker leaves.
- Step 2: Dismantle the keyboard With a small screwdriver, gently pop all the keys off the keyboard.
- TIP: Leave larger keys, such as Shift and Space, in place, as they sometimes have extra parts and can be delicate.
- Step 3: Rearrange the keys Replace the keys in amusing new patterns, or just replace them completely at random. Either approach will cause plenty of confusion.
- TIP: Spell out a personalized message if you'd like.
- Step 4: Watch your coworker get completely frustrated The next morning, make sure you're at the office in time to see your coworker try to type their first email. Hilarity garanteed.
- FACT: The standard keyboard layout for most U.S. computer keyboards and typewriters is called QWERTY, and is named after the first six letters in the top row.
You Will Need
- Your coworker's computer keyboard
- A small screwdriver