- Step 1: Set up bottle and charger Make sure your seltzer bottle – also called a soda siphon – and charger are compatible. Chargers come in screw-in and snap-on varieties.
- TIP: You can also buy a kit that includes both parts; some fit under the kitchen sink.
- Step 2: Fill seltzer bottle with water Fill your seltzer bottle with tap water or filtered water according to preference.
- Step 3: Load the charger Fit the charger – a small canister containing pressurized carbon dioxide – onto the spray nozzle on the seltzer bottle. When it screws in or snaps on, you'll hear a "whoosh" as the water carbonates.
- TIP: You can also use a carbon dioxide tank connected to a plastic two-liter bottle.
- Step 4: Press plunger to serve seltzer Press down on the seltzer bottle's plunger and serve your homemade seltzer water. It's that easy!
- FACT: Years ago, seltzer water was delivered to people’s doorsteps in glass siphons; empties were picked up to be refilled.
You Will Need
- A seltzer bottle
- And a soda charger
- A seltzer kit (optional) (optional) (optional)
- A carbon dioxide tank (optional) (optional) (optional)
- And a plastic 2-liter bottle (optional) (optional) (optional)