- Step 1: Buy balloons Buy balloons. Look for medium-size ones that won't break too easily. Plan on a few dozen for each player.
- Step 2: Fill balloons Fill the balloons with water, and tie them shut. Place the filled balloons into buckets.
- TIP: Filling balloons with water can take a while; ask friends to help.
- Step 3: Play water balloon dodgeball Try playing dodgeball, only with water balloons. Divide your group into teams and stand facing each other.
- Step 4: Start the game When the signal is given, everyone starts throwing their balloons at the opposing team.
- : Water balloons can sting upon impact. Protect your face.
- Step 5: Earn points When someone is hit, the other team scores a point.
- TIP: To make it easier to keep score, you can have individuals face off against each other, one-on-one, taking turns throwing.
- Step 6: Finish the game Play until all the balloons are gone, the members of one team have all been hit, or a certain number of points have been reached.
- Step 7: Use the leftover balloons Once the official game is over, everybody can grab the leftover balloons and throw them at whomever they want.
- Step 8: Clean up Pick up all the burst balloons. Leave the space clean for next time!
- FACT: Nearly 3,000 people threw more than 55,000 balloons during the world's largest water balloon fight, staged in Australia.
You Will Need
- And a place to play