- Step 1: Prepare your cleaning solution In a small bowl, mix warm water with mild detergent until the detergent dissolves.
- Step 2: Soak brushes Immerse the brushes completely so that the cleaning solution breaks down any residue and banishes bacteria. Leave in the solution for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- TIP: For sensitive skin, use a drop of shampoo or mild skin cleanser as a cleaning agent.
- Step 3: Rinse brushes Remove the brushes from the bowl and rinse off the detergent with warm water.
- Step 4: Dry brushes Blot dry with paper towels and leave to air dry for at least four to six hours.
- Step 5: Store in a covered container Store makeup brushes in a clean, dry covered container. Repeat the cleaning process twice per month.
- FACT: Japanese makeup brushes are made with techniques dating back to the 1600s.
You Will Need
- A small bowl
- Mild detergent
- Paper towels
- A covered container