- Step 1: Fix the source of the leak Fix the source of the leak before repairing water stains.
- TIP: Look carefully. The source of a leak may not be directly above the water stain.
- Step 2: Mix cleaning solution Mix a solution of three parts water and one part bleach in the bucket.
- Step 3: Scrub away mold Apply the solution with a large sponge and scrub away any mold. After 20 minutes, rinse the spot with a clean sponge and dry it with paper towels.
- Step 4: Apply primer Use a brush or roller to apply a stain-blocking primer to cover the area and ensure that the stain does not come back.
- Step 5: Repaint Repaint the area, if necessary, when the primer is dry. You can now sleep soundly knowing your ceiling and walls are as good as new.
- FACT: The largest painting in the world is 'Mother Earth,' by David Aberg.
You Will Need
- A bucket
- A large sponge
- Paper towels
- A paintbrush or roller
- Stain-blocking primer