- Step 1: Straighten hair Straighten your hair by blow-drying and flat ironing wavy or curly locks.
- Step 2: Brush hair Brush your hair to remove all tangles. Don’t try to style hair that isn’t completely de-tangled.
- TIP: Teasing hair with texture may tangle or damage it. Wait until hair is completely cool.
- Step 3: Create volume at the crown Using the comb, divide the hair into two-inch sections at the crown and clip the rest back out of the way. If hair is too silky, spritz a little hairspray on the sections to be teased.
- Step 4: Hold hair straight up and backcomb Hold the section straight up in the air with one hand. With the other, comb downward near the roots in short strokes. Repeat in a section just below this one for added oomph.
- TIP: If you’re worried about damage, a flat-backed brush is easier on hair than a comb.
- Step 5: Smooth and spray Smooth teased sections lightly with the brush and use hairspray to keep your style in place.
- Step 6: Have fun styling Have fun shaping your new do in a variety of styles. You can curl it for a vixenish look or put it in a low ponytail for a casual chic vibe.
- FACT: In the musical Grease, the character of Sandy sings, 'I won't rat my hair" to imply that she's a goody-two-shoes.
You Will Need
- A blow dryer
- A flat iron
- A brush
- A rattail or metal comb
- Hair clips