- Step 1: Understand what a life coach does Understand what a life coach does by researching this profession online and visiting coaching schools and programs.
- TIP: Good coaches are active listeners who help their clients develop coping skills, goals, and strategies to reach their goals.
- Step 2: Make sure this is right for you Make sure this profession is a match for your temperament and abilities. Sign up for sessions with a life coach to get a deeper understanding.
- TIP: Interview two to three coaches before making a decision. Choose the one you feel most comfortable with.
- Step 3: Set goals Set goals for yourself. Are you interested in coaching occasionally or do you want to earn your living as a life coach?
- Step 4: Research training programs Research training programs to determine which one best suits your needs and interests. Ask for testimonials from students who graduated.
- TIP: Get your training from a program accredited by the International Coach Federation in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Step 5: Complete your training Complete your training at the program you selected.
- Step 6: Begin coaching Begin your new career as a life coach. You'll find it very rewarding.
- FACT: Did you know? In 2006, there were more than 15,000 personal and business coaches in the United States.
You Will Need
- A desire to help people
- Research skills
- Internet access
- Access to a life coach