- Step 1: Use light shampoo Use a shampoo without harsh chemicals. Some shampoos strip natural oils from your hair, contributing to static cling.
- Step 2: Condition deeply Condition your hair with a deep conditioner to retain moisture.
- TIP: Perform a hot oil treatment. Purchase a kit from a drugstore and follow the directions.
- Step 3: Do not over-dry Avoid over-drying your hair. Use an ionic ceramic hair dryer designed to eliminate static without over-drying.
- TIP: Use a regular hair dryer but leave your hair damp to prevent over-drying.
- Step 4: Moisturize twice a week Moisturize your hair twice a week with hair oil to prevent flyaways.
- Step 5: Spray comb or brush with hairspray Spray comb or brush with hairspray before use. This eliminates friction that causes hair to stand at attention.
- FACT: Did you know? You can rub a non-scented dryer sheet through your hair to remove static cling.
You Will Need
- Light shampoo
- Deep conditioner
- An ionic ceramic hair dryer
- Hair oil
- Hair spray
- Hot oil treatment (optional)