- Step 1: Don't beat yourself up Know that your feelings are perfectly normal and nothing to be ashamed of.
- Step 2: Don't tempt fate Don't flirt with your teacher or confess your crush to them. That will just make things awkward for both of you.
- Step 3: Realize it will fade Realize that your feelings won't be this intense forever. One day you'll probably flip through your yearbook and wonder what you ever saw in your teacher.
- TIP: Instead of trying to make your teacher fall in love with you, gain their respect and admiration by working hard in their class.
- Step 4: Realize the implications Realize what your fantasy could cost the teacher if it became a reality: Their job, their career, and possibly their freedom if they're charged with a crime.
- Step 5: Don't let them encourage it If your teacher makes a move on you, do not get involved with them. In fact, you should report them to your parents or the principal immediately.
- FACT: Did you know? In the 1999 black comedy Election, a teacher's career is ruined after he becomes involved with a high-school student played by Reese Witherspoon.
You Will Need