- Step 1: Sing in front of people Join a choral group or participate in a community theater musical where you can sing in front of an audience.
- Step 2: Practice Set aside time to practice. Finding a reliable rhythm and routine is the key to improvement.
- Step 3: Imitate singers Imitate your favorite singers from varying musical genres.
- TIP: Invest in a keyboard to practice scales.
- Step 4: Get a vocal coach Find a vocal coach who can offer objective criticism. You will be required to work hard but your singing will improve.
- Step 5: Enter karaoke Enter karaoke and other talent competitions.
- Step 6: Make a demo Create a demo, choosing a song that best showcases your talents.
- Step 7: Contact clubs Contact clubs and try to book appearances. Many clubs host amateur or open mic nights.
- Step 8: Hire an agent Hire an agent who has contacts with clubs or studios. And don't forget to promote yourself!
- FACT: Did you know? The rain in "Singin' in the Rain" consisted of a mixture of milk and water so it would show up better on film.
You Will Need
- Vocal range
- A vocal coach
- A demo
- An agent
- A keyboard (optional)