- Step 1: Open all faucets Open all of your faucets to see if any water flows. If it does, run warm water through the pipes. This can help thaw a frozen spot in the pipes.
- Step 2: Locate the frozen spot If no water flows, locate the most likely spots where pipes might freeze.
- TIP: Check unheated basements, crawl spaces, and points where pipes run outside.
- Step 3: Heat the frozen spot Open the faucets in the house. Use a hair dryer or a portable heater to warm the frozen spot. After a few minutes, water should flow freely.
- FACT: Did you know?Umiat, Alaska, is the coldest spot in the United States, with an average temperature of 10.8 degrees Fahrenheit.
You Will Need
- A hair dryer or portable heater