- Step 1: Position game mat Place the mat on a flat surface, indoors or out. All players must take off their shoes.
- Step 2: Select a referee Pick your game’s referee. The referee will spin the spinner, call out the moves, and supervise the game.
- Step 3: Position players Position two players on opposite ends of the mat, near the word Twister. Players put one foot on the yellow circle and the other foot on the blue circle closest to their end of the mat.
- TIP: For a game with three players, the additional player faces the center at the red-circle side of the mat, placing one foot each on the two middle red circles.
- Step 4: Follow referee’s calls Follow the referee’s directions after each spin. Each player must try to put the designated body part on an empty circle of the called color.
- TIP: If your designated hand or foot is already on a circle of the called-out color, you must move it to another circle of the same color.
- Step 5: Eliminate players Eliminate players if they fall or touch the mat with their knee or elbow.
- TIP: There can never be more than one hand or foot on any circle. If two or more players reach for the same circle, the referee must decide which player got there first.
- Step 6: Win the game Win the game by being the last player remaining.
- FACT: Did you know? In 1987, a record-breaking 4,160 contestants participated in a Twister marathon at the University of Massachusetts.
You Will Need
- A twister mat
- A referee
- A Twister spinner
- Two to three players