- Step 1: Mix ingredients Combine the buttermilk with the egg yolk, yogurt, and honey.
- TIP: Double the recipe if you have long hair.
- Step 2: Slather onto damp hair Slather mixture onto damp hair and gently massage into hair from roots to ends.
- Step 3: Wrap hair in plastic Wrap your hair in plastic wrap or a shower cap. Use a blow dryer to help the mask penetrate the hair cuticle.
- Step 4: Leave on Leave the mixture on for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 5: Rinse and shampoo Rinse hair with warm water. Shampoo and condition as usual. Follow with a cold-water rinse for an extra boost of shine.
- TIP: Use this mask twice monthly for best results.
- Step 6: Blow dry Blow dry with hair pulled taut and the nozzle pointed downward to flatten cuticles for even glossier locks.
- FACT: Did you know? Traditionally buttermilk was the sour liquid left after churning butter. Today it's made by adding bacteria to regular milk.
You Will Need
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 c. yogurt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Plastic wrap or a shower cap
- A blow dryer