- Step 1: Groom yourself Properly groom yourself for the date. Take a shower, brush your teeth, comb your hair, and dress in clean, wrinkle-free clothes that are appropriate for the date.
- TIP: Wear clothes that accentuate your style. You don't have to change who you are to look nice.
- Step 2: Be chivalrous Be chivalrous – to a degree. You don't have to fight for her honor, but women still appreciate it when you open doors and pull out chairs for them.
- Step 3: Flatter her Flatter her without being creepy or desperate. Compliment her clothes rather than her body. Keep compliments short and sweet.
- Step 4: Drink moderately Drink in moderation, if at all. Too much drinking implies that you have to be intoxicated to be around her.
- Step 5: Converse Talk about your interests, and ask about hers. Avoid divisive topics like religion or politics. Keep the conversation light. If you can make her laugh, you’ll both have fun.
- TIP: Don't hog the conversation. Let her do at least half of the talking, and listen with genuine interest.
- Step 6: Mind your manners Mind your manners. Be polite and respectful to the wait staff and others you encounter. Refrain from inappropriate jokes or suggestions.
- Step 7: Pay the bill Pay the bill without hesitation. Asking her to split the bill will be awkward, and paying for her meal on the first date is a nice gesture.
- FACT: Did you know? According to a recent survey, one out of every four singles doesn’t brush their teeth before a date.
You Will Need
- Good grooming
- Conversation material