- Step 1: Beware of the stare Beware of a guy who stares at you for too long. It’s a sign of aggression and usually means you’re his next conquest.
- Step 2: Assess his style Assess a guy’s style for clues. Super-grooming signals he’s probably more into himself than you.
- Step 3: Pay attention to body language Pay attention to his body language. If he leans in close to you right away he is staking out his territory.
- TIP: A player will bore a hole in you with his eyes while talking, then look away when you respond - a good sign he’s not really listening.
- Step 4: Distrust immediate intimacy Distrust the guy who showers you with compliments or falls for you too quickly. Players use charm and flattery as a way to move in quickly.
- Step 5: Look for an ever-present cell phone Look for an ever-present cell phone in the hand of the player. If he guards his cell phone like a pit bull and doesn’t let you use it, he’s probably a player.
- TIP: The sophisticated player will acknowledge that he has many female "friends" who often call.
- Step 6: Be suspicious of unreliability Be suspicious if the player always calls late, doesn’t show up, and constantly offers lame excuses. Look out for a guy who’s always busy.
- Step 7: Beware of jealousy Beware of someone who’s extremely jealous and possessive, especially early in the relationship. If they don’t trust you, it usually means they can’t be trusted themselves.
- FACT: Did you know? Fifty-five percent of the impression we get from a person is formed through body language.
You Will Need
- Observational skills
- Immunity to empty flattery
- Healthy suspicion