- Step 1: Communicate openly Communicate openly about the present and the future. If she expresses a desire to raise a family together, she is likely interested in marriage.
- Step 2: Pay attention to attitude Note what she says about marriage, and write it down. If the experiences and discussions are positive, she is likely open to it.
- TIP: Pay careful attention to her past relationships with friends, family, and former partners.
- Step 3: Count the conversations about marriage Count the number of times she brings up marriage and family. If at least once every time you’re together, she’s ready.
- Step 4: Pay attention to your discussions Pay attention to your discussions with her about marriage. If you are both comfortable with the discussion, the idea of marriage is likely a welcome one.
- Step 5: Notice how she reacts to behavior Understand that if she isn’t trying to change your behavior, she’s probably ready to accept you as you are, and this means long term.
- FACT: Did you know? The most popular marriage month in the United States is August, with 9.3 per 1,000 people.
You Will Need
- Listening skills
- The ability to pay close attention
- A notebook or journal