- Step 1: Determine that your face is heart shaped Pull your hair away from your face and examine its shape in the mirror. A heart-shaped face is wider at the temples and hairline with a narrower chin.
- Step 2: Decide how short you want your hair to be Decide how short you want your hair to be. Super-short cuts don't work well with a heart-shaped face. Chin length or longer is usually best.
- TIP: Avoid a blunt bob cut that hits right at the nape of your neck.
- Step 3: Think about getting bangs and long layers Think about getting side-swept bangs and long layers. These styles will frame your face.
- Step 4: Part your hair in the middle Style your hair so that it is parted in the middle. This will create the illusion of vertical length.
- TIP: Add extra volume to the top of your style to elongate a heart-shaped face.
- Step 5: Work with your hairstylist Work with your hairstylist to figure out the kind of look you want. Then, watch the transformation into a new you!
- FACT: Did you know? On average, an adult loses about 100 strands of hair from their scalp every day.
You Will Need