- Step 1: Create a tape sheet Create a heavy-duty tape sheet: Overlap two 9-inch-long tape strips, sticky sides together, starting the second piece at the mid-point of the first strip. Flip the joined pieces over and continue adding new overlapping strips until the sheet is over 6 inches wide.
- Step 2: Make a cylinder Cut the sheet to measure 8 ¾ inches by 6 inches. Overlap another length of tape along one of the shorter edges. Roll the sheet into a cylinder from the opposite end, and secure it closed with the exposed tape.
- Step 3: Check the fit Check for a snug fit by inserting a beer can into the cylinder and adjust if necessary.
- Step 4: Cut into two pieces Cut the cylinder width-wise into two equal-size pieces.
- Step 5: Fashion the bottom support Cut two 5-inch strips of tape and tape them over one open side of each cylinder, making a loop to hold the cans in place.
- Step 6: Staple cylinders in place Attach the cylinders with loops to each side of your baseball hat with staples.
- TIP: Use socks as an alternative: Double knot two tube socks together at the open ends and staple the socks to the cap with the knot at the top. Cut a four-inch horizontal slit from the top of each sock through which you will insert the cans.
- Step 7: Insert straws Cut the plastic tubing into two equal lengths. Hold one end in place at the bottom of the holder and wrap the other end around the back of the hat and over the bill, making sure to leave enough tubing to reach your mouth. Tape the tubing in place, and repeat for the opposite side.
- TIP: Stop the beer from siphoning out by pinching the tubes with bull clips.
- Step 8: Grab some cold ones Crack open a couple of cold ones, insert them in the beer holders, place the straws inside, put on your cap, and enjoy!
- FACT: Did you know? The country of Belgium has the most beer variety – 400 individual brands.
You Will Need
- Heavy-duty tape
- A stapler
- A baseball hat
- Two yards of plastic tubing
- Two tube socks (optional)
- Two bull clips (optional)