- Step 1: Light the candle Light the candle and drip wax into the center of the dish. Place the candle on the wax so that it sticks.
- TIP: You can get a cherry from the bartender and light the stem instead of using a candle.
- Step 2: Pour the wine Pour the wine into the dish.
- TIP: Red wine is best so everyone can clearly see the wine going into the glass.
- Step 3: Position the wine glass Place the wine glass upside down directly over the candle.
- Step 4: Watch in amazement Watch in amazement as the wine is drawn into the glass as the candle goes out, creating a vacuum.
- Step 5: Flip over the glass Flip over the glass holding the dish on top, remove the dish, and the wine is now fully in the glass. Bottoms up!
- FACT: Did you know? Treading grapes by foot is still the technique used to produce a small quantity of high-quality port wines.
You Will Need
- A dish or shallow bowl
- A small candle or tea light
- A one-quarter full glass of wine
- A cherry (optional)