- Step 1: Determine that your face is oval Pull your hair away from your face and examine its shape in the mirror. An oval face is narrower at the jaw than at the temples.
- Step 2: Decide how short you want your hair to be Decide how short you want your hair to be. Avoid super-short cuts that add volume to the top of your head. This will make your face look longer.
- Step 3: Think about getting bangs and cheek-length layers Think about getting long bangs and cheek-length layers. These styles will help balance your face.
- TIP: Long bangs shorten the perceived distance between your forehead and chin.
- Step 4: Use an off-center part Avoid parting your hair in the center. The longer your face, the more off-center your part should be.
- Step 5: Talk with your hairstylist Talk with your hairstylist about the cut you want. Be honest about the amount of time you're willing to spend on daily styling. Work together and you will have the best look for you.
- FACT: Did you know? The Guinness Record for longest hair belongs to a Chinese woman, whose locks in 2004 were over 18 feet long.
You Will Need