- Step 1: Eat citrus fruit and other foods high in vitamin C to prevent bad breath. Eat one piece of fruit after each meal.
- Step 2: Mix baking soda in one liter of water. Gargle this mixture once or twice a day.
- Step 3: Boil two cups water and add parsley and cloves. Stir and let steep for five minutes. Use this as a mouthwash twice a day. Chew on fresh parsley for a quick freshen-up.
- TIP: Drink water or fruit juice throughout the day. Keeping the mouth moist prevents bad breath.
- Step 4: Avoid bad-breath-causing foods such as ginger, garlic, onions, fish, cheese, and alcohol, especially whiskey.
- TIP: Brush your teeth twice daily, floss, and use a tongue scraper.
- Step 5: Drink green and black teas, which are filled with breath-freshening polyphenols.
- FACT: Did you know? Onions and garlic cause bad breath because of their high sulfur content.
You Will Need
- Citrus fruit
- 2.0 tsp baking soda
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 2-3 cloves
- Black or green tea
- Water or fruit juice (optional)