- Step 1: Mix ingredients Combine the olive oil, almond oil, and coconut oil with the lemon juice. Squeeze in a vitamin E capsule for extra conditioning.
- TIP: Start with clean hair. Dirt and other pollutants can reduce the mask's effectiveness.
- Step 2: Smooth onto damp hair Smooth the mixture onto damp hair with your hands starting at the roots and working your way down to the ends.
- TIP: Avoid brushing, combing, or over-handling your hair when applying a mask.
- Step 3: Encase hair in plastic Encase your hair in plastic wrap or a shower cap. Use a blow dryer to help the mask penetrate the hair cuticle.
- Step 4: Wrap and set Wrap a towel over the plastic and allow the mixture to set for one hour.
- Step 5: Rinse and shampoo Rinse hair with warm water. Shampoo and condition as usual. Do a final cold water rinse for super shiny, well-conditioned locks.
- Step 6: Air dry hair Air dry your hair to seal in the effects of the mask and prevent damage from harsh blow drying.
- FACT: Did you know? Blonds have the most hair, with about 140,000 strands per head. An average head of hair contains only 100,000 strands.
You Will Need
- 2.0 tbsp olive oil
- 2.0 tbsp almond oil
- 2.0 tbsp coconut oil
- 0.5 c lemon juice
- Plastic wrap or a shower cap
- A blow dryer
- A towel
- A vitamin E capsule (optional)