- Step 1: Turn on your PC and log in.
- Step 2: Click on the Start menu.
- Step 3: Open the Control Panel.
- Step 4: Choose the Programs/Uninstall Programs option. Wait while your computer populates the programs list.
- TIP: Depending on your version of Windows, your option may read "Add/Remove Programs" instead of "Uninstall Programs."
- Step 5: Scroll through the alphabetical list of programs and highlight the one you intend to remove.
- Step 6: Remove the program by clicking the uninstall option and by confirming the removal if prompted.
- Step 7: Restart the computer to complete the program's removal.
- FACT: The first self-replicating computer virus was written and released in 1982 as a practical joke by a ninth-grader.
You Will Need
- A computer
- A Windows operating system