- Step 1: Combine ingredients Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- TIP: Use more or less crushed red pepper flakes to adjust the spiciness to your taste.
- Step 2: Use immediately or store Use the mix immediately to create your favorite Tex-Mex dish, or store it in an air-tight container for up to six months. You'll have enough to equal one store-bought packet.
- FACT: During the Middle Ages, pepper was so valuable that many Europeans used it as currency, paying debts and taxes with the spice.
You Will Need
- 2.0 tsp instant minced onion
- 1.0 tsp salt
- 1.0 tsp cornstarch
- 0.5 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 0.5 tsp instant minced garlic
- 0.25 tsp dried oregano
- 0.5 tsp ground cumin
- Air-tight storage container (optional)