- Step 1: Favor fabrics that cling to your curves, like jersey, cotton lycra, stretch denim, and charmeuse.
- Step 2: Flaunt the fact that your waist is the smallest part of your body by wearing belted clothing, tops and dresses with cinched middles, and mid-waist jeans.
- Step 3: Pick body-hugging styles like wraps, halters, and bias-cuts.
- TIP: Be sure to pick a wrap that ties around the smallest part of your waist, which will further accent your shape.
- Step 4: Complete your curves with pants that are flared at the bottom.
- Step 5: Emphasize your shapely bottom half with pencil and A-line skirts.
- Step 6: Avoid baggy clothing, which can make you look heavy. Besides, why would you want to hide your fabulous figure?
- FACT: A study found that only 8 percent of American women have an hourglass figure.
You Will Need
- Clingy fabrics
- Belted clothing
- Body-hugging styles
- Flared pants
- Pencil and A-line skirts