- Step 1: Slide hand under Lean over the baby and slide one hand under his head and neck.
- Step 2: Slide other hand Slip the other hand under his hips and bottom.
- TIP: Spread out the fingers of both hands; this will provide the most support for the baby's body.
- Step 3: Lift baby While still leaning over, lift the baby to your chest. Hold him close to your body as you straighten to standing.
- Step 4: Reverse steps Simply reverse the steps to put the baby down.
- FACT: A newborn's head accounts for a quarter of his body weight.
You Will Need
- Clean hands
- A newborn in need of a cuddle