- Step 1: Go to craigslist.org and select the region and category that suit your needs.
- Step 2: Create a catchy title for your posting so your ad will stand out while giving readers an accurate impression of what they’ll find in it.
- TIP: If you place an ad in the wrong category, it could be flagged for misuse.
- Step 3: Describe what you’re selling or looking for, the job you’re offering, or whatever you’re hoping to accomplish. Be creative and use humor.
- TIP: Provide as many relevant details as possible, and be completely honest at all times.
- Step 4: Set a fair price and include a photo if you’re selling an item.
- Step 5: Select the auto-reply e-mail address so your personal e-mail address isn’t posted for spammers.
- Step 6: Be careful not to violate any user guidelines. Check the "about" section to learn more about prohibited postings.
- Step 7: Save the e-mail link after you’ve published your posting so that you can update, edit, or delete your ad.
- FACT: Over 50 million people use Craigslist each month.
You Will Need